Alec Baldwin Makes Announcement About His Impersonation Of Trump, NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Share This Story

Alec Baldwin has said that his days playing Donald Trump on “Saturday Night Live” are numbered, because he’s not sure “how much more people can take” of the impersonation.

Speaking to “Extra” host Mario Lopez in a Monday interview, Baldwin said:

“There’s a style the president has to have, and I think the maliciousness of this White House is a little — has people very worried, which is why I’m not going to do it much longer, by the way, that whole impersonation. I don’t think how much more people can take it, you know. Trump just overwhelmingly lacks any kind of sportsmanship. He remains bitter and angry. And you want to look at him and you want to go, ‘You won!’”

Trump has called Baldwin’s portrayal of him on the long-running NBC sketch comedy show “sad,” saying the impression “just can’t get any worse.” He also slammed “SNL” in a December tweet, dubbing it “unwatchable, totally biased, not funny.”

Baldwin denied reports that he may make a surprise appearance at this year’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner. Trump announced last month that he’s bucking tradition by not attending the annual press- and celeb-filled Washington gala, which raises money for journalism scholarships.

“I don’t think that’s going to happen,” Baldwin said of headlining the April party, noting of the WHCA, “I don’t think that they want that.”

“If Trump himself doesn’t come and face the music as it were — I don’t know what kind of program they’re going to have.”

“If they wanted me to do it, I’d probably do it, but I’m not quite sure they do,” Baldwin added. “I think they may have a whole other idea.”

WATCH:

Share This Story

What do you think?