According to CNN, Fox News is under federal investigation over allegations that it did not inform its shareholders of settlement payments surrounding former CEO Roger Ailes’ alleged sexual harassment.
Citing “a source with knowledge of the matter,” a lawyer representing Ailes’ accusers wrote in a court filing that a client of his was sent a subpoena regarding “alleged violations of criminal law by Fox.”
From USA Today:
In New York State Supreme Court Wednesday, the attorney for former Fox News host Andrea Tantaros, Judd Burstein, said he had been served with a subpoena from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York for another client about the claims filed against Ailes.
The network did not confirm to CNN whether it was being probed, but a spokesperson said in a statement: “Neither Fox News nor 21CF has received a subpoena, but we have been in communication with the U.S. Attorney’s office for months—we have and will continue to cooperate on all inquiries with any interested authorities.”
Do you think it’s hypocritical that Fox News maintains it’s the family values network while simultaneously having rampant problems with sexual harassment internally? Comment below and let us know what you think.