BREAKING: Donald Trump Won’t Be Able To Use The Oval Office For A YEAR – Republicans FURIOUS At Obama [DETAILS]
Donald Trump may have won the keys to the White House, but due to a major renovation of the Oval Office, Trump won’t be able to use the office for a year.
Former George W. Bush advisor Karl Rove said on Wednesday that major security upgrades are planned for the ceremonial office and seat of presidential power – and that it could put the office out of commission for up to a year.
If that occurs, he said, Trump might have to spend up to a quarter of his term working out of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building across the street – where President Richard Nixon labored and made some of his infamous White House recordings.
‘My understanding is that for the first year of his time in office, President Trump will not have the Oval Office,’ Rove told Fox News on Wednesday.
President Obama could have told the Secret Service, “I know you want to modernize the Oval Office with security enhancements – literally strip it down to the bare walls and build it back up so we’ve got bullet proof glass and so forth and so on, security arrangements in it, in my last year in office.
But Instead he said, “Why don’t you do that [with] whoever comes next so the president of the United States, President Trump, my understanding is, will spend most of his first year using Richard Nixon’s old office in the Old Executive Office Building across executive drive and up the Navy steps.
I must admit…this kind of makes me happy. The thought of Trump in the Oval Office makes me want to vomit.